Old 12-08-2003, 01:40 AM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] Pot packing...

Nicolas;

Here's how I package delicate electronics components for shipment around the
world. I'm absolutely convinced your pots will never get broken if you
follow these steps ......

1) get a box large enough to hold all your pots plus four inches of space in
all dimensions.
2) purchase a can (or two) of spray-in foam insulation from Wal-Mart or
other hardware store.
3) line the entire box with a plastic garbage bag.
4) spray foam into bottom of box and quickly cover with another plastic bag.
(this step takes a little practice getting the right amount of foam, because
it grows very large very quickly !!)
5) while the foam is still pliant press your pots (face up) into it.
6) cover the pots with another plastic bag making sure you've pressed the
bag into each of the pots, then squirt another layer of foam on top of them.
Make sure this layer is about 4 inches thick.
7) another plastic bag, more pots, more foam.

Continue this process until the box is nearly full then top the box off with
a final layer of foam.
You'll successfully create a sandwich of foam/plastic bag/pots/foam/plastic
bag/pots that'll withstand any airport ape.

Unpacks real easy too !!

Mark Hill -Zone 6
(with TONS of practice shipping overseas)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++