Old 12-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Anne Lurie

Default cleaning shears

I feel it's my duty to interject here, since I helped this thread along way
past its allotted time.....

I believe that the custom of sticking garden tools in oil-soaked sand
referred primarily to shovels, spades, trowels, hoes, pitchforks, saws
(maybe), etc. -- so there was no mechanism such as would be found on even
the most primitive pruners.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message

I've yet to have a problem with dull shovels or hand shovels, and my

pruners
get sharpened on a regular basis anyway since it only takes me about 3
minutes to sharpen 2 pruners. I suppose it doesnt matter which method

you
do, but I like being able to just shove my shovel or hand shovel or

pruners
into a pot of oil soaked sand instead of having to spray them with
something. Just more convienient for my lifestyle.

How do you keep the grit out of the mechanism?

J. Del Col