Old 12-08-2003, 04:04 AM
Tim Miller

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:24:53 -0400, brojack wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:45:16 GMT, "Stephen M. Henning"
wrote:

(brojack) wrote:

What I really need to know is its effect on ground water.

We have a shallow well (19') and this year the water level is only down
a couple feet below the surface. We are very carefull about what we
spray around our yard because we know we are going to end up drinking
it. We use roundup and have never had any problems and our well has
never tested showing any chemicals.

We use roundup with a hand sprayer. The roundup is rendered harmless by
the soil. As it goes through the soil it gets chemically tied up by any
clay in the soil.

It has been banned in Denmark because of its effect on ground H2O.
That's what prompted the question.

The Eros have turned into rabid, precautionary chemophobes. They have
banned common-place garden chemicals used for decades. You even have to
turn into the authorities any unused products. I guess it will get dumped
on top of all the old fridges!

Europe will soon turn into a Amish-like technogolgy-deprived backwater.
The eastern countries are stupid to want to trade in their new-found
freedom for the regulator's paradise of Europe.
Jack