Old 12-08-2003, 07:35 AM
Mich

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Mich" contains these words:

It won't be immovable to anyone with a large tractor; he'll just push
it out of his way and then you could find you're the one who can't get
past an immovable rock.

The two that are there have been there before my time ( since the second
world war I think) and have not yet been moved. The one I am thinking of
adding is as large. In fact the reason its not in is because I need a
tractor a lift to get it placed.

Don't be fool enough to start a war of attrition against a farmer
neighbour, because he holds all the best weapons and won't lose. I'm
surprised that you could have lived in the country so long and not
realise that.

No! Your wrong. I know several people who have waged "war" on farmers and
won. It just depends on how you do it.

My mother is one as is the farmers own cousin! Rememebr I am a local - one
of the few left in the village and most people were happy when I managed to
buy because I was a local not a millionarie incomer ( the village is
becoming quite dormatory). Even this farmer isnt "local".

Are you sure it's reasonable to decorate your boundary to a narrow
lane/corner leading to farmland? Isn't it inevitable that large and
unwieldy farm machines will have to get past somehow?

Actually, I didnt plant this. Its always been there. I simply maintain it.
The problem is its a lump ( a bank) A steep bank on the corner of the lane ,
and a triangular section juxtoposing with the main lane going to the
village. Its all a steep bank. Most of it is set as a large scale rockery

The rest of the land on the lane edge is mine as is the field at the back.
Opposite side is an old cornish wall which was a barn but is now a
converted house.

The point at which this idiot is cutting the corner is the widest part of
the lane, and I deliberately have not put anything obstructive in there (
like my driveway gate) in order to "help".

However this guy is really taking the p*ss because he is coming further
over than he needs to, the reason for that is he has been well and truly
told off ( and threatened with legal action) by the millionaire ( incomer)
in the barn/land opposite for damage to his rear wall. So he is now coming
over my drive - which is very wide and broad at that end to turn rather
than to the end of the lane
Said millionaire also owns fields at the back ( opposite mine).

This bloke owns the fields at the top of the lane. The reality here is that
this farmer is taking far too large machinery up this lane because the lane
gets smaller higher up and he has actually damaged walls and field
boundaries all the way up.
Not only that he has destroyed the public footpath that runs upo through and
is currently in a wrangel with the highways over access to a right of way
across his top fields - but thats just background.

I wouldnt have a problem with this guy using my drive if he were respectful.

This Hebe is not on the boundary. Its several feet inside my drive and
planted on top of the "lump". It is the last plant on the boundary corner,
but not on the corner. Driving onto as he did was just wonton damage and
unnecessary.

He is just plain arrogant.