Old 12-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Grilled Spam tastes yummi !!

Default Green Tomatoes????

Up here in Seattle my tomato plants (2) are doing
surprisingly well: the better boy had 4 ripe ones last
week with a dozen more expected within a week or so;
the early girl in a portable container had one, and a few
more are expected in a couple of week.

"Jim Thomas" wrote in message
Don't know where you are, but here in Southern California, with the
"June Gloom" we had this year, is my tomato scorecard:

Three Early Girls plants, which normally have many ripe fruits by June:
Two (small) ripe tomatoes by last week (Aug 4), plus maybe three more
small in a couple of weeks.

Lots of Romas (normal crop).

Three yellow tomato plants (don't have the name): maybe 10 ripe tomatoes
so far, maybe 10 more before the end of the season. (Delicious, by the

way)

Maybe two dozen cherry tomatoes from 6 plants (a few more to come).

It's a meager year.

But I thank God for whatever harvest we got. After all, I couldn't have
done it myself...

Jim Thomas