Old 12-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Charles

Default Goldfish fry question - pond

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:27:50 -0400, "Nicole Thompson"
wrote:

The last couple weeks, I've noticed a few goldfish fry in my pond.
(and I did a happy dance I might add) :-)
I'm quite surprised b/c this is my first attempt at a pond.
(See "story" below if interested.)

However, I'm wondering if the older goldfish would eat them......
Everything I've found on-line says they'll definitely eat the eggs, but will
they eat the baby fish once they've hatched?

Thanks,
Nicole

My experience, by the time the babies swim like normal fish, the
parents leave them alone. While they act like mosquitoes, all bets
are off.

If you decide to try to move them, be advised that fry are very
delicate, I've killed many trying to be good to them. capture them in
a bowl, move them gently, and release them even more so. Nets, no!

--

- Charles
-