Old 12-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Natalie

Default Hydrangea colours

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...
"Natalie" wrote in
:

Victoria - did you bury the rusty things or just put them round the
plant with mulch on top? I have a pink Hydrangea which I would much
prefer blue and have been intending to try the rusty iron solution but
thought I would have to dig holes round the plant and bury them.

I just plonked them on the top. I don't think you need to bury them,
unless you have a dog that likes to dig or something.

The idea is that the roots get regular soakings in rusty water rather than
being in direct contact with the iron, and that will happen every time it
rains.

Victoria

Now where did I put those rusty things...I think I've got a good chance of
finding them before it rains! Thanks Victoria :-)

Natalie