Old 12-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Removing Rusted Bolts?

If you can get wrenches on them and keep them from turning, a socket
with a long bar should be able to just snap them off.

"Die Spammer !!!!" wrote in message ...
Elson wrote:

I'm doing some backyard cleaning which includes dismantling a kids' swing
set which hasn't been used in nearly 20 years. Scews and bolts hold it
together but I've only had marginal luck in removing any of them because
they've been seemingly welded together by rust. What can I do to remove
them?

soak them in WD-40 and heat them up with a blow torch. get them hot but not
red /glowing hot. then try to use your wrenches etc .