Old 12-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Mich

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Mich" contains these words:

The other side of the coin is that if the farmer has been doing this
unopposed for n years, where n is some large number, he surely has by now
acquired a right of way.

He hasnt! he has only owned his fields three years. In none of that time has
he encroached onto my drive or land, nor has he gained any access or
permissiopn to do so.

He has an easement over my lane ( yes I own the lane too , its not highways
and its unadopted. Its a private lane) not my land nor my drive, but that
is clearly shown on his deeds , my deeds and at the land registry. He knows
the bounds and the width of the lane.

Its also clearly marked on the ground as you come into the lane ( there is a
big white continuous paint line edging my drive and a drop curb.

Although I can see where you are coming from - and I wouldnt put it past him
trying.
I have commented in another thread on this.
Thinking about it, it may be this bloke thinks I have sold up and moved out
and that he can therfore do what he likes .

So he is going to get a shock when he returns to find I have already blocked
his way across the drive and put bollards in the rockery, albeit temporary.