Old 12-08-2003, 04:43 PM
KenCo

Default OT virus

David Modine wrote:

I've got it.
Can you tell me more specifics on how to get rid of it?
In laymans terms?
I'm going to follow your link & try to learn.

use the remover tool from the antivirus sites then
basicly all you need to get is the microsoft patch to
plug/stop the port/s from being attacked again.

service pack 2 is needed also.

http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...displaylang=en

"KenCo" wrote in message

a new nasty virus started today and you dont
even have to open an attachment to get it

open windows "task manager" and see if "msblast.exe" is there,
your infected if it is.

most virus scanners cant find it because its so new

also, if you know how to use regedit
kill these
HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/current ver/run
windowsupdate/msblast.exe
system32/msblast.exe

MS fix is here for Win2000

http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...F541-4C15-8C9F
-220354449117&displaylang=en

info here
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?date=2003-08-11
or

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...e=WORM_MSBLAST
.A

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced