Old 12-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Major Ursa

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

(paghat) wrote in
news
As for business risk, Monsanto's entire future hinges on the
INCREASING marketability of RoundUp in tandem with
glyphosate-resistant crops no one but themselves can provide. From
their point of view they are "far too businesslike" to ever tell the
truth, since the goal is to increase sales of a product that shouldn't
be sold at all.

So, what you're saying is that they try to keep up the sales so they are
big enough later on to pay for the claims. That could be true, but
remember, these are not claims about the damages-caused, but about knowing
about the facts and knowingly lie about them. If that can be proved any
judge will kill their business.

If the situation is as serious as you say it surely musn't be that hard to
prove a case. There are lots of ngo's that have enough money to finance a
research like that and after convincing evidence is shown it only remains
to be proven that MS knew about it.

I find it hard to believe that if MS _knows_ that this stuff is as
dangerous as you claim it to be that they would go on and make these false
statements. So, since they keep doing it, they do not know for sure it is
that dangerous. And if they don't _know it, how can _you be so sure.

Btw, I'm certainly not a friend of MS, far from it, and I disaprove
strongly of their business practice of forcing gentech on the rest of the
world, but if we can not prove a case as 'clear' as this one, then who is
to blame for the consequences? I think MS is a technocrats business plan,
but that is just one part of our society. If ppl disagree massively, and
the case is as clear as you say, than surely it must me easy to stop them.

Ursa..

--
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *