Old 12-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default Personal Firewall softwa postscript

"AWM" wrote in message
..nl
Just took a phone call from a NAV user a client a disabled lady who

depends
on E mail to communicate -- her computer is rebooting when ever

she
attempts to connect to the internet -- my immediate suspicion a
trojan/worn, a quick trawl reveals MSBlaster as the likely culprit.

suspect the version of NAV virus signatures file on her computer

won't be
more than 2 weeks out of date as she recently renewed her sub to

Norton. It
would appear the worn came right through the XP firewall and was

undetect by
NAV.

If her NAV was around 2 weeks out of date, that is enough to cause a
problem. It wouldn't have been undetected by NAV if she was
up-to-date. It is extremely efficient and, apart from the normal
updates, it is updated immediately there is a new threat.
I happened to see mine update this morning. Normal day is Wednesday.
She also needs to download the Microsoft critical updates on a regular
basis. The message is clear when they are there to download.

Iris McCanna