Old 12-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Kelly E Jones

Default OT virus

In article ,
Wilson wrote:
This program continually shuts your computer down when you are trying to get
the update patch....an easy way to get around this is to DL ZoneAlarm which
will allow you get get the files you need.

Unfortunately, one of the effects of this bug is that it can
crash/reboot your system before you're able to download ZA, or an
update to your virus cleaning software, etc. (This prevented me from
being able to fix my system last night.)

I found this standalone blaster remover from Symantec. It's small
enough I should be able to download it before my system reboots, so
hopefully this will work:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Kelly