Old 12-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Wilson

Default OT virus

Unfortunately, one of the effects of this bug is that it can
crash/reboot your system before you're able to download ZA, or an
update to your virus cleaning software, etc. (This prevented me from
being able to fix my system last night.)

I found this standalone blaster remover from Symantec. It's small
enough I should be able to download it before my system reboots, so
hopefully this will work:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...aster.worm.rem
oval.tool.html

Kelly

One thing that you MUST have on your computer besides Zone Alarm is Download
Accelerator with resume supported(even just the freebie version) this
allowed me to download ZoneAlarm to my machine even though it took me 3
times to get the full download....once you have it installed you don't get
shutdown anymore. Both ZoneAlarm and Download Accelerator are free.

I also used the symantec program...worked like a charm and I started feeling
better as I watched it run.

I would suggest everyone look into how to get rid of this virus, people are
passing it back and forth...over 50+ people on my server had it and I would
expect the real number was much higher than that.