Old 12-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Kelly E Jones

Default OT virus

In article ,
Wilson wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the effects of this bug is that it can
crash/reboot your system before you're able to download ZA, or an
update to your virus cleaning software, etc. (This prevented me from
being able to fix my system last night.)

I found this standalone blaster remover from Symantec. It's small
enough I should be able to download it before my system reboots, so
hopefully this will work:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...aster.worm.rem
oval.tool.html

Kelly

One thing that you MUST have on your computer besides Zone Alarm is Download
Accelerator with resume supported

Yes, I thought of this as well. Unfortunately, I didn't have it yet,
and I couldn't download it because of the da*n worm! (My computer is
relatively new, and I haven't had a chance yet to download ZA, or a
download manager, or update my virus defs, etc. I'll be doing all
that as soon as get the system cleaned up.)