Old 12-08-2003, 11:39 PM
profpam

Default Renaglottis Ricky Martin

Thanks, Jonahan for the confirmation of the National Flower of
Singapore. I brought back to the States three of these (from the
National Gardens of Singapore) and all are doing well.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html
Jonathan Phua wrote:

They did not change the national flower, the report was wrong. I saw the
report in The straits Times a few days ago, and Ricky Martin was shocked to
receive the orchid. I'm a singaporean living in singapore, we didn't change
the national flower. Perhaps the report meant that the national flower of
Singapore is an orchid.

Jonathan
"profpam" wrote in message ...
I saw this in our newspaper. It is a trichoglottis crossed with
Renanthera Bella. However, the report states: ". . .The orchid is
Singapore's national flower, which was named after him to commemorate
his
visit to Singapore." Perhaps, they have changed their National Flower
since I visited. It used to be Vanda Miss Joaquim.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System http://www.pe.net/~profpam
Slides of the Singapore National Gardens
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/singa.html
K Barrett wrote:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/abs_news_...rity&oid=30431

Singapore names an orchid after Ricky Martin, and finally I found a

picture
of the flower. Please note the photographer focused on teh *flower* not

Mr
martin in this shot! Someone has their priorities straight!

K Barrett