Old 13-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Shrinking lawn - how to build it back up?

The message
from "Aileen Howard" contains these words:

Are you really sure you want mushroom compost under the grass? I am
*really* plagued by toadstools now - picked around 100 this morning. No, I
won't leave them because they are around 4 inches high and look a real mess,
as they stick up indiscriminately all over the place, like soldiers.

I shall water the grass assiduously with infusion of
horse-sh^^something-or-other in the hope of having my lawn carpeted with
mushrooms.

I rang the turf suppliers yesterday and the lady assured me that I could get
rid of them with diluted Epsom Salts. Does anyone have any experience of
using this, or am I just being fobbed off?

Haven't heard of that, but copper sulphate might do the job. Or if you
can't get it, ask for Bordeaux mixture in your local hardware/gardening
shop/centre.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.