Old 13-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Shrinking lawn - how to build it back up?

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
The message
from (NWalch) contains these words:

How do you get an inexhastable supply of mushroom compost.

I know a mushroom farmer.

Rusty, Have you ever tried growing fingi?

I have grown eight fingi and two thumbi.

Have you read the book "Mushrooms in the garden" by Helmut Steineck?
If so, should I read it?

No. The library will get it for you. You need a room or shed you can
completely seal, ventilation provided through very fine mesh. It is
advisable to have access via two doors: pass through the first, close
it, squirt all round with a good flyspray, then pass into the Holy of
Holies. Mushroom flies are very small, and they can smell mushrooms from
an amazing distance.

My (step)father used to grow mushrooms in our air-raid shelter. The
instructions came with the spawn. The sterilisation of the growing boxes
is another chore.

Perhaps in my state of slowly advancing decrepitude I should not venture on
a foray if I can actually grow some at home.

Forays are much easier and less time-consuming than growing them - believe me!

There appears to be quite a large range of spawns on the market.

--
Rusty
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.