Old 13-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Surviving a plague of moths

The message
from (Neil Jones) contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote in message

Funnily enough in the past fortnight we too have a plague of moths in
the house which look exactly like clothes moths; something I've hardly
seen for years even though most of our clothes and domestic fabrics are
natural fibres. I've been squashing them.

Clothes moths officially died out according to a website I came across.
Forget the year and the website, but trust me all moths around today are
friends.

This isn't true. Don't believe everything you read on the net.
These moths have a natural habitat where ever furm wool or similar
substanes can occur in sufficient quantities.

I wonder if that's what happened here? The moths were loose in rooms
and in windows which suggests they came from outside..I've not found any
in drawers or cupboards.There are sheep in the adjacent meadow. The
clothesmoth influx happened a few weeks after the sheep shearing was
done about a hundred yards away. It's even possible the fleeces were
just dumped nearby, they aren't worth much these days.

Janet.