Old 13-08-2003, 04:43 AM
simy1

Default Vegetarians ( Compost ingredients?

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in message ...
for
| a few decades with no vitamin B-12 intake at all.
|
| It is not pseudoscience - it is an hypothesis. The facts are
|
| 1) vegan groups where B12 deficiency is absent
| 2) B12 deficiency being a proven fact
| 3) animal (including human) waste containing very large amounts of B12
| 4) other animals apparently being able to manufacture their B12 and
| turning into B12 sources for us
|
| Feel free to incorporate all of these facts into any theory.

Such as the one that both coffee and alcohol have a low pH, in
the context of the digestive tract?

The bacteria in our gut who are responsible for B-12 do not appreciate
an acid environment (both coffee and alcohol have low pH).

I see what you are saying. Yes, the hypothesis that it is the acidity
has not been proven. It could be anything. On that you are right. Or,
if I nderstand it, you were objecting to my second post and not first.