Old 13-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Bill Oliver

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article ,
paghat wrote:
In article , (Bill Oliver) wrote:

The bottom line is that independent peer-reviewed studies
have failed to show a danger in RoundUp. All your railings
about Monsanto don't change that.

The bottom line is among the independent peer-reviewed studies MANY either
prove outright harmfulness while others more conservatively call for
further studies to see if the indications of harmfulness can be given
further evidence.

Nope. So far you have not provided a single such article. The
one article you claimed showed harmfulness was noted by the
authors *not* to show such harmfulness. The article you quoted
about sister chromatid exchange admitted within the article that
the findings were equivocal. In fact, the peer-reviewed
studies show just the opposite. The better-controlled and more
rigorous the study is, the less likely it is to show any effect.
Those that have shown *equivocal* effects admit that they have
no power.

Funny that stuff happening as recently as 2002 and 2003 is, to you, two
decades ago.A fifty year history of lying I did document; the earliest in
the 1950s, much more in the 1960s, more still in the 1980s and 1990s, it's
still going on now. [blah blah blah]

Yes, yes. We all know you hate Monsanto. The question at hand,
however, is whether or not RoundUp us harmful. The overwhelming
evidence is that it is not. The peer-reviewed studies indicate
it is not. And all the sidebar bullshit about how much you
hate Monsanto doesn't change that.

billo