Old 13-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Larry Blanchard

Default tomato variety report

As I mentioned (IIRC) in a post some time back, I tried two new varieties
of tomatoes this year. Herewith a report.

New Girl has an average yield and the size is between an apricot and a
peach. They look like big red acorns - there's a little point on the
bottom. Taste is good, but nothing to rave about unless you've never
tasted a fresh garden tomato before. They did live up to the "early"
claims. Only the cherry tomatoes got ripe before them.

Brandy Boy is just starting to ripen and we ate the first two today. Not
as good as its Brandywine ancestor, but darn good. Still ribbed, but not
as deeply. The first two were about 3.5" diameter and 1.75" tall.

I'll plant them both again next year. In fact I may replace Moskvich
with New Girl.

Oh yes, I'm in eastern WA - zone 5.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?