Old 13-08-2003, 05:04 AM
Frank H. Kirchner

Default Greenhouse Kits

Hi Scottie-
Good luck with the greenhouse. The advise to check local codes prior to
purchasing the kit is invaluable advice. I had a $20,000 kit in my backyard
and found tons of local regulations regarding weight bearing loads, wind
resistance etc. I had to hire engineers to guarantee specifications. The
company, which is very reputable, was unable to supply the necessary
engineering seals and specifications. It added several thousands of
unanticipated dollars in to project, untold headaches, and extended time
delays.

I'm very happy with the outcome but would clearly have done the process
differently had I been aware of the local ordinances. Do your homework
first!

Happy growing! Greenhouses are great.!
"Scottie" wrote in message
k.net...
Hi. My name is Scottie, and I've been lurking here a while, trying to

keep
the plants going, some even blooming. And I've learned a great deal from
all of you --- thanks!

We live on the Texas Gulf coast, and are in the market for a greenhouse

kit.
I've read with interest the recent greenhouse thread, and checked out the
sites mentioned. A Google search also turned up several other

manufacturers
of greenhouse kits. Have any of you had any experience with any of these
companies: Texas Greenhouse; Santa Barbara Greenhouse; Cedar-Built
Greenhouses; Sturdi-Built Greenhouse Mfg.?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Scottie