Old 13-08-2003, 06:02 AM
Mike Stevenson

Default yellowing leaves on chili pepper plant

Epsom salt is Magnesium Sulfate, it does not contain calcium...

"NC_FUBAR" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:28:20 -0700, "Grilled Spam tastes yummi !!"
wrote:

"Lee Hall" wrote in message
. com...

If your plants are turning a mottled brown and yellow with splotches,
it is probably a blight. Peppers are relatives of the tomato and are
susceptible to the same diseases. If, however, the bottom leaves are
just turning yellow, it is probably simple choriosis (yellowing)
caused by excessive watering.

It's pretty much all the leaves that are turning yellow,
a few with brown splotches....

Overwatering could be an issue as I watered it a little
more than usual during a recent heatwave, which were
promptly followed by a few downpours.

I did some google search, and came up with magnesium,
manganese, and iron as possible minerals pepper plants
could be lacking, but I'm not sure about the symptoms
the lack of these might cause.

Try adding some Ironite. It will replace the minerals without risk of
burning the plant. Overwatering could have leached those minerals as
well as cacium from the soil. Ironite will replace it. Another good
source for calcium is pure Epsom Salts.

Lee
Zone 7