Old 13-08-2003, 06:05 AM
zookeeper

Default Fish pond water kills all fish within 24 hours.

Timothy Tom wrote:
... The pond temperature came down to 83 degrees. The
goldfish ... was acclimated to the pond temp and released ... After,
about 90 mins. I checked the pond again and found it floating ...
I have tested everything I can possibly test,
and ruled out everything that can be ruled out. One of the last things
I can do is take the pond water that just killed the fish and bring it
in to the house to further decrease the temp.

Another test you might want to do is to take a water sample to your
local extension, agricultural or water office and ask them to test the
water for toxic substances. It may cost a bit, but certainly less than
continually trying to replace the fish. I wouldn't want a pond that
couldn't support life -- I'd be afraid to put my hands in it or allow
other birds or animals near it.
--
Zk (sig compliments of BV)
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies