Old 13-08-2003, 08:43 AM
JennyC

Default Pending Glut of Tomatoes...

"Neil Trotter" wrote
JennyC said:

Now the tomatoes are ripening. These are four plants my cousin

gave me
They are going through the GH roof and drooping with fruit. Here's

the
crunch - I don't like raw tomatoes !

Ant good recipes for them please ?? Preferably NOT chutney as we

don't
eat much of it in our house and I prefer Branston Pickle :~))

I'm not keen on them raw either, and I detest chutney. But I love

fried
tomatoes (in butter, really unhealthy -- yum!)

I'm hoping that I can freeze them for passata (for bolognese sauce
etc.), and am wondering if it's best to skin them before freezing,

or
whether they will be easier to remove after thawing. Can anyone

advise?

It did occur to me to make tom juice, but I think I read that a
particular variety is required for this.

Couple of suggestions for you, Jenny -- otherwise enjoy them or give
them away as fast as you can!
Neil Trotter, Canewdon, UK

I usually do pasta sauce with the extra's - I don't skin them first
(too lazy!) and it works OK. But them I like 'chunky sauce :~))

Jenny