Old 13-08-2003, 02:02 PM
A bit more than

Default Canna lily advice needed

On 13 Aug 2003 05:29:15 -0700, (Nicholas Steel) wrote:

Towards the end of Autumn I planted about a dozen Canna lilies.
Right now they look quite bad - stringy, lots of dead bits etc.
Please advise what I have to do (pruning, fertilizer etc) to
rejuvenate them.
I live in Melbourne and have clay soil.
Note - I planted some in the garden at my weekender at Pt Lonsdale on
the coast. Are the requirements different?

The canna does tend to die down in winter. Just cut off any bad bits. They are
as tough as old boots and should begin shooting again in spring. Just chuck on
a little organic life and they will be happy.