Old 13-08-2003, 04:02 PM
whit

Default trees, neighbors, and the law

I've a friend who has a neighbor who is threatening legal BS if he
doesn't remove a tree that she claims the roots of which are causing her
house foundation problems. She also says the branches of this tree
damaged her house in the recent wind storms.

They live way up north, in the west Round Rock/ Williamson county area.
I told him that the problems were hers and she was nuts to ask him to
remove the tree, but she claims to have spoken to a lawyer. I suggested
he contact an arborist.

I also mentioned that the property line was the dividing line for tree
limbs and roots, anything on her side of the fence was hers and her
responsibility...but I'm wondering, is that a local law, a state law or
even a law at all?

Comments, suggestions?