Old 13-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Martin

Default [IBC] Question please

Barb - your Redbud problem has two possible causes: either it is "apically
dominent" ( which means that genetically the top growth wants to take over
at the expense of the lower growth), or the tree wants more sunlight than
it's present location provides. In either case, it's kind of late in the
season to do any major pruning. Wait until spring, before the buds open,
before making any major cuts. I believe Redbud flowers before it leafs out,
so you may lose some of your flowers; but that's a decision you have to
make. Very often bonsai growers have to make the same decision, and it's a
tough one to make.
Marty