Old 13-08-2003, 07:43 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Fish emergency

"scott banac" wrote in message
news:J_q_a.93272$cF.28995@rwcrnsc53...
My new pump overflowed out of my fall all but emptying my 1500 gallon pond
(20 gallons left). I have nine fish swimming about scared.

a.) fill pond with fish in
b) remove fish to buckets (original water) use aerators, fill pond.
c.)your brilliant idea

my fish are holding their breath, waiting for your answer.

disclaimerI have never had this issue, so I have zero
experience/disclaimer I would, begin filling some large buckets with
water, and dechlor those. Then slowly had them to the pond, so as not to
shock fish with temp. Once you have some considerable amount of water in the
pond, I would then begin a hose trickle and dechlor in the pond. I think the
most important things are 1) make sure the current water is getting filtered
well same fish load, less water will result in spikes, 2) refill slowly to
avoid shock.

BV.