Old 13-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Something ate our pumpkin :-(

"Martin Richards" wrote in
:

Having started our allotment in July (OK, it wasn't planned that way,
but it happened), the kids were quite proud of the single
proto-pumpkin we found on Friday night. Last night, I discovered
someone else had taken a fancy to it - someone with small teeth...
Squirrels seem the prime candidate since I've seen lots on the site.

I was feeling all smug about this post, as my pumpkins were the one thing
that no bugs, pests, or general garden visitors had taken a fancy to, and
even the leaves were all admirably unnibbled.

So I went down to look at them today, and damn! something's started
munching away on one of mine now!

I think in my case it's slugs.

I am sure my garden reads this newsgroup...

Victoria