Old 13-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Major Ursa

Default Public water vs. well

wrote in
:

our city water comes out of the lake. I have yet to hear that there
has ever been water restrictions, but that should be a consideration
in keeping the well or not.

If taking city water is prohibited because of shortages, most times also
taking ground water is forbidden. But I agree, it is a consideration.

One more thing: our city water during normal circumstances only is about
1.5 - 2 bar pressure. If the heat hits and ppl start to water their
precious lawns the pressure drops to slighly above 1 bar (ie. it is coming
out of the tap, instead of getting sucked in; but hardly so). It wil take
a lot of time and planning to water your garden with that.

My pump otoh. produces between 5 and 6 bar pressure and can move about
5000 liters per hour. This makes life a lot easier under difficult
circumstances.

Ursa..

--
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *