Old 13-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Heidi

Default aerating lawn: anyone try those shoes?

Speaking of aerating lawns (dog safe fertilizer) has anyone ever tried
those strap on aerating shoes? I have been intimidated to try them as
1) my feet are a size 6.5 and I just don't see any of the "one size fits
most" models fitting my tiny feet and 2) last year the yard was so hard
after the drought I thought if I was able to puncture the ground I would
never get past the first step.

My questions: has anyone tried them? Would anyone recommend using
them? And if so, has anyone seen a model that comes in various sizes?
If not the shoes do most folks pay a company to come out and aerate the
lawn, or rent the machine from a home improvement type store, etc...?

Thanks in advance for you advice!
Heidi
Raleigh, NC