Old 13-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Sharon

Default Plumeria

On 8/13/03 2:50 AM, MLW wrote:
"Sharon" wrote in message

On 8/12/03 3:29 AM, MLW wrote:

I live in Arizona and would like to have my Plumeria in the ground all
year also...once I have big enough ones that is. *G* Do you have to do
anything different with them in the winter when they're in the
ground....such as not watering?

Sharon

I don't water much in the winter months. I haven't had to water much lately
either because of all the rain we're getting here in central Florida.
Things are growing like crazy.

I have some small plumerias in the ground and if we get the threat of a
freeze I will probably cover them with old sheets. But the big plants are
on their own. I let nature take it's course and hope something will be left
when the warm weather comes back.

Mary

We very seldom get any rain in Lake Havasu City, Arizona where I live,
so we have an underground sprinkler system to water the plants. Should I
shut off the ones to the plumeria in the winter?

Sharon