Old 13-08-2003, 09:32 PM
LeeAnne

Default Organic Corn Kills Butterflies??? what the?

Wow, and pretty disturbed by it and the whole GM (genetically modified)
movement. Turns out that, according to one site, the GM corn contains a
certain gene that protects it from some type of pest. Well... evidently the
GM corn's pollen contains something due to this gene that then gets blown
all over the milkweed that the butterflies frequent and, get this, it alters
the gut of the butterfly turning into more of a sieve than protecting it and
thus allowing pathogens to be released into the butterfly's body.

You can read more he
http://barque.freeyellow.com/monarch.html

What disturbs me the most is the fact that we are all probably eating GM
products and have no clue that we are since they mix it in w/regular food
and the regular food folks aren't allowed to call their food 'regular' food
or non-GM. Yikes!!!

LeeAnne
-who doesn't usually answer her own questions-
-yes you do-
-no I don't-
-stop it-
-stop what?-
lol

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
I saw a bumper sticker on a car yesterday that said something like

"Organic
Corn Kills Monarch Butterflies, What Next?!?!"

Anybody have any input on this? Anybody heard of this? I'm off to google

it

~LeeAnne

--
------
If you're an insomniac, agnostic, dyslexic do you lay