Old 13-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Nedra

Default Water changes, was "best price for koi food on the net??"

The bad stuff hangs out on the bottom. Why your bottom
drain works! To remove water from the bottom, just put
a smallish (270 gph used at my house) submersible pump
on the bottom, attach at hose to drain, throw the hose over
the side of pond and time the outflow! Can't have you
emptying the pond.....

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"K30a" wrote in message

I overflow the pond every other week or
so.
The fish enjoy this as the raised water
level allows them to get into the overhanging
grasses and nose out insects. They also get to
trim more watercress from the waterfall.

OK, I give in...water changes sound like a good idea. You convinced me.

Now
on to the real debate...

Should I remove water from the bottom of the pond? the top? just overflow?
What is best? Where does the bad stuff hang out?

BV.