Old 13-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Lowering PH

in article , Noydb at
wrote on 8/12/03 10:08 PM:

Repeating Decimal wrote:

in article
,
Phaedrine Stonebridge at
wrote on 8/11/03
8:55 PM:

Pay no attention to the cranky, wannabe chemist Bill, Tippy.

What did I suggest that was incorrect? Is it only my refusal to be a green
quack?

Bill

From one Bill to another:
I can do the chemistry just fine. However, I can also do the che
mistry 'nearly enough' with organic materials. Because organic materials a
id the tilth of my soil and give the microbial activity a boost, I choose or
ganic. Could you explain why, since they do not help the tilth of your s
oil or boost your microbial activity, you continue to espouse synthetic ch
emical means of gardening?

Bill

I have nothing against the so called "organic" methods espoused by you or
chemically deprived Phaedrine Stonebridge. I have objection to raising these
methods to a level of religious zeal.

For me, it is much easier to use so called chemicals. I do not have the
strength or time to get horse manure and roto-till it into my adobe hardpan.
I do what I can. I guess according to some people there are no chemicals in
manure or compost.

I like hydroponics. Is it less green for the world as to use simple
inorganic chemicals than to use oodles of ever more difficult to get water?

I just picked my first hydroponicly grown banana squash. It was absolutely
delicious. I will post more on the subject. I would stack that squash
against any "organically" grown squash.

Bill