Old 14-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Roy Hauer

Default Bunches o' Butterfly Bush Questions

Well I don't know anything about nodes etc but I have been just mowing
over the ones we have at the end of the growing season, and they have
come back just great each year. Seems like they are like weeds, they
just don't go away/ Been doing it this way for years, and the usually
get back to about 5 to 6 foot tall and very bushy each year.

On 13 Aug 2003 12:39:28 -0700, (Fleemo) wrote:

x-I hear that Butterfly Bushes are relatively easy to start from stem
x-cuttings. What's the proper procedure? How long should the cuttings
x-be? 6" or so? Should there be a blossom on the end of the cutting,
x-or would it be better to find a stem with no flower on it?
x-
x-As for deadheading a Butterfly Bush, just where should one make the
x-cut? Immediately beneath the flower cluster, or just above a
x-branching node?
x-
x-Also, any idea as to whether different Butterfly Bushes could be
x-grafted on to the rootstock of a Butterfly Bush successfully? I have
x-rather limited full-sun areas, but would still love to have an
x-assortment of Butterfly Bush blooms.
x-
x-Thanks much.
x-