Old 14-08-2003, 01:03 AM
V_coerulea

Default clear plastic "shield" to keep rain off and bug spray on

Try a roll of the nonwoven rowcover. It's very light-weight and easy to tack
down. Keeps out all the bugs I've ever seen other than burrowing ones. There
can be a problem of heat buildup in very hot areas in full sun. A few wire
hoops might help hold it off the plants. Good in spring too when you want to
hold in a little extra heat. Cats, dogs and rabbits don't seem to want to
mess with it. Give it a try. Good luck.
Gary

"Lyne" wrote in message
I just posted about problems with the rain washing off all of my bug
spray. Has anyone tried making a shield out of plastic that covers
the plants but is perforated in-between the plants to let the water
down to the soil? I'm thinking of a 2-3' strip attached to stakes
over each row.

I realize that it would diffuse the sun and would very likely blow off
from the wind that roars through our valley but spraying every day to
keep up with the afternoon rains is alot of overhead.

Any other ideas?

Remove SPAMDEFENSE in address to reply.