Old 14-08-2003, 01:42 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Name

Robert Seele wrote:
Can anyone give me the Genus of Prostrada junoper?

^ ^

And Anita answered:

Bob - I love easy questions! Especially when I'm just about to

leave
work. Thanks for the chance

The genus of junipers is... Juniperus!

As an aside, if you're looking for info on the web, you'll want

look for "prostata" and "juniper" (note spellings), but be

aware there
are LOTS of floppy crawly (=prostrata) juniper cultivars out

there.

Like:

Juniperus horizontalis
Juniperus chinensis 'Pfitzeriana' (and a zillion varieties of it)
Juniperus chinensis 'San Jose'
Juniperus chinensis var. sargentii (and a scad of similar ones)
Juniperus procumbens (and J. p. 'Nana')
Juniperus sabina 'Broadmoor'
Juniperus scopulorum 'Winter Blue'
Juniperus squamata 'Blue carpet'

And undoubtedly many others that I have never seen or heard of.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Just
returned from viewing "Whale Rider" and ready to ship out with
Nic to New Zealand. GO SEE IT!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++