Old 14-08-2003, 01:42 AM
Nedra

Default OT virus

Hey GrannyEast
You got it right on Norton! I keep the Anti-Virus Updated.
It's Automatically updated ... they let me know via a right hand corner
pop-up. This step is as crucial as scanning the system on a daily basis.
I have a 4 or 5 year old system. I keep it cleaned - often.

GrannyWest

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
om...
Kelly, this is GrannyEast talking (vs. Nedra, who definitely rules as
GrannyWest): Girl, you said you hadn't updated virus defs, etc. because
your computer is too new??? I may be "hopelessly in love" with

Sy-man-tec,
but I least I get reminders when I need to update my virus definitions!

Note: Seriously, a good anti-virus program is essential. Whichever one

you
choose, check to see if it's working as you intended, though. For

example,
I downloaded PopSubtract to get rid of those *really annoying pop

messages*
but it apparently interferes with the daily scan that I set up through
Symantec's Norton Antivirus -- and I hate to confess how long it took me
to realize that supposedly-scheduled-scan was not occurring.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Kelly E Jones" wrote in message

Yes, I thought of this as well. Unfortunately, I didn't have it yet,
and I couldn't download it because of the da*n worm! (My computer is
relatively new, and I haven't had a chance yet to download ZA, or a
download manager, or update my virus defs, etc. I'll be doing all
that as soon as get the system cleaned up.)