Old 14-08-2003, 02:12 AM
madgardener

Default when will this madness abate??? and rambling musings of garden mania

Great imput Victoria. And I think that I am doing the same in my own way (I
will send you a pic if you don't mind of the fairy masses). Speaking of
wildflowers.....I have one called Swamp sunflower, that actually looks like
a coreopsis on steroids with "marijuana like leaves" and in the rich raised
soil I have (despite all the leeching of rains and such) it's well over 5
foot tall and this year it's EVERYWHERE. Do you want some seeds? The birds
adore it in the fall. I think it's a native of Texas as we have some in
common wildflowers to a small extent. But only small since I remember my
friend Michelle having two TOMES of books on Texas wildflowers that I always
wish I'd gotten when she passed away..... I never did get to go thru those
two books and they were huge. I literally live on a slope with little
direct sunlight until I cut down some trees and doing all this alone is
starting to wear on me. Especially when I work like I have to. But somehow
it will gradually get done. I have gotten better at ? housework? thru the
years, maybe I will be better at gardening like I should. lets hope!
maddie