Old 14-08-2003, 02:12 AM
madgardener

Default when will this madness abate??? and rambling musings of garden mania

Tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and others can be grown in pots. We have
cucumbers growing up a not-so-sturdy wire fence.

Janine

Janine I have grown tomato's in pots now for going on 25 years. Even when I
had real land to have a veggie garden in Nashville, I still grew tomato's
and peppers and strawberries in pots. When we moved to Colorado and always
rented somewhere I had buckets on the balcony on the third floor with tomato
plants in them. At the house that had nothing but gravel for the back yard
which was frustrating having two sons and a dog, I scrounged buckets and had
okra, tomato's, peppers, and potato's. The potato's were a hoot. No one had
ever seen potato's grown in a bushel basket. I got the basket at the
farmer's market one day and bought soil and cut up potato's from King
Sooper's and by the fall I had about 50 pounds of my own...........Not to
slight what you said, I am the container queen sometimes! g I want next
year to grow cukes on the deck, and am thinking of just setting up a couple
of planter boxes at the edges of the deck where the sun is direct and just
do my cukes, peppers and 'maters. This year's tomato's got a late start and
aren't doing so well. And I need better soil to do this. Next year's
compost pile is going to be sacrificed for the tomato's. And I might even
grow okra again in pots just to see if I can..........
thanks for the imput though honey, I appreciate it~((hug))
maddie