Old 14-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Kelly E Jones

Default OT virus

In article ,
john rutz wrote:
Nedra wrote:
Hey GrannyEast
You got it right on Norton! I keep the Anti-Virus Updated.
It's Automatically updated ... they let me know via a right hand corner
pop-up. This step is as crucial as scanning the system on a daily basis.
I have a 4 or 5 year old system. I keep it cleaned - often.

GrannyWest

definitly need to run auto update if using windows, new
viruses/trojans.etc apear daily its the only way to come near keeping up

If you mean Microsofts auto-update, I've found that the less I let
Microsoft fool with my computer, the better. I'll never use MS
auto-update.

As for auto-update of virus defs, that's probably not a bad idea.
HOwever, in this specific case, I think most of the scanners (I use
McCaffee) weren't updated until too late...

Kelly