Old 14-08-2003, 03:32 AM
Todd P

Default Blue Koi

Hi

Id like to share my Photos of my Blue Koi

You can reach them under pond 2003 at
http://community.webshots.com/user/todpin33

"Nedra" wrote in message
hlink.net...
You mean you can't see the blue in # A-0175?
If you can't - I think you may be color blind?

Nedra

"jammer" wrote in message

I have yet to see a blue koi picture that registers BLUE in my eye
balls!

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:53:54 -0700, zookeeper
wrote:

Gary Rich wrote:
I picked up a nice little shusui (scaleless asagi) this spring at the
Young Koi Show in SoCal. He was only $18 at 2" with a nice color.

He's
now ~6" and the blue upper section is sky blue or maybe cornflower

blue
(in the Crayola color scale).

I did a quick images.google.com search for a good pic of one to link

to,
but didn't really see one. They all had much less blue coloring than
this little guy has. Maybe the blue is hard to photograph or tends

fade with time?

These sites have a couple of good shusui photographs; many pictures
looked washed out and I think that's why the pale blue doesn't show so
well. I also ran across a site that mentioned qualities for judging a
shusui koi (sorry, can't find it again now) and it said that the red

and
dark blue should be separated by "pure white," which I think is the

baby
blue in the younger koi.

http://www.thompsonaquaticgardens.com/hobbyist.htm
http://www.koiextreme.com/koisales/shusui.htm
http://www.asianarowana.com.my/koi/koi8.shtml
http://www.koi-schmid.de/spezial/shu...dy_shusui.html
http://www.auskoi.com/shusui_class_champion_.html

We have a small hi shusui: it has more red on its head and back, but

has
the pale blue around the dorsal fin and the dark blue scales. He's

"Baby
Blue" as that is the color we could see first when he was a 1/2 inch

fry.