Old 14-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Frogleg

Default Mulching miseries

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:07:43 GMT, "J. Lane"
wrote:

Thanks for all the input people. The gravel mulch sounds like my best bet. I
inherited a shopvac from a friend and will use that to get the seeds in open
areas and around my perennials. It will cut my job in half. BTW Frogleg, my
yard is 1/3 of an acre with 7 flower beds and a 50x30 foot veggie garden.
I'm not adverse to weeding but find myself working 8 hours a day every day
for three weeks trying to pick up the mess left by the trees.That's on top
of regular weeding which is ongoing, of course. Come August I'm still
finding the seedlings. Agriculture Canada has banned from sale and are
coming close to banning the trees too. They are considered a weed tree.

I didn't mean to say they weren't a nuisance, just that with
gardening, if it isn't one thing, it's another. :-) 50'x30' is a
large space to keep up with, indeed. Still, if the only weeds you have
are elm seedlings, you're lucky. (I doubt that's the case.) Hope you
find a satisfactory solution.