Old 14-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Simon Avery

Default Mower repair Webb 17"

Ady wrote:

Hello Ady

A Hi all, just look for a little help and advice.
A I currently have an oldish (~15 years) Webb 17" petrol
A cylinder mower that is in need of a good overhaul and repair

That's a great mower.

A to clutch cable. However this is where the fun begins - I
A popped into our local repair shop and tried to get a new
A cable, but unfortunately they do not stock one. So I asked
A for a price of a service, sharpen/set and repair and
A they quoted over £170. So the million dollar question is it
A worth repairing an aging machine whose parts are hard to
A come by, or should I use the money to get a new model
A although not as good ?

œ170 will not get you a great petrol mower. It'll get you an Ok one, a
Good one if you hunt around, but not a *great* one.

Just my opinion, but I think I'd get it fixed, possibly after hunting
around for a better price.