Old 14-08-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

Default when will this madness abate??? and rambling musings of garden mania

You may be talking about Maxmillion sunflower, which I already have! When Mark
and I go anyplace there are plants, or watch any show on television, the
standard is, "I have that, that, yeah that, oh and that..."

The best book on Texas native plants is by Jill Nokes. One of these days I'll
buy it, but the library has it so I take it out all the time.

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:44:39 -0400, "madgardener" wrote:

Great imput Victoria. And I think that I am doing the same in my own way (I
will send you a pic if you don't mind of the fairy masses). Speaking of
wildflowers.....I have one called Swamp sunflower, that actually looks like
a coreopsis on steroids with "marijuana like leaves" and in the rich raised
soil I have (despite all the leeching of rains and such) it's well over 5
foot tall and this year it's EVERYWHERE. Do you want some seeds? The birds
adore it in the fall. I think it's a native of Texas as we have some in
common wildflowers to a small extent. But only small since I remember my
friend Michelle having two TOMES of books on Texas wildflowers that I always
wish I'd gotten when she passed away..... I never did get to go thru those
two books and they were huge. I literally live on a slope with little
direct sunlight until I cut down some trees and doing all this alone is
starting to wear on me. Especially when I work like I have to. But somehow
it will gradually get done. I have gotten better at ? housework? thru the
years, maybe I will be better at gardening like I should. lets hope!
maddie