Old 14-08-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default OT virus

"Nedra" wrote in message
news
Hey GrannyEast
You got it right on Norton! I keep the Anti-Virus Updated.
It's Automatically updated ... they let me know via a right hand corner
pop-up. This step is as crucial as scanning the system on a daily basis.
I have a 4 or 5 year old system. I keep it cleaned - often.
snip

OK, time to let my geekiness out here. My setup includes a 6-7 machines
networked together on a local subnet. They are all attached to the internet
via a firewall machine that runs a proxy application for outgoing sharing
and incoming virus protection, a firewall for incoming protection and an
anti-virus package. Each machine on the network is checked daily for
viruses, and the network is vigorously tested over each weekend. My firewall
does not even respond to a ping, if you are not an authorized IP. My proxy
scans all incoming/outgoing email for viruses, and quarantines any that are
suspect. The system is tuned to the point, where my firewall detected a
virus signature in an email, and blocked my access to our mail server which
is outside the firewall.

So far...so good.

BV.