Old 14-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Leaf vacuum purchase

I've had two of the Sears units, which weren't anything great. First
one lasted 3 years. Second one is about that old now too and the pull
cord only retracts about half way now. I'd try another brand in the
future.

Generally, blowing is better in large open areas. The vacuum is good
for areas like beds. Also, the bag fills up pretty quickly, so it's
better to blow them if you can. And if you have a large area, then a
backpack blower is the way to go. They have a lot more power, get the
job done, and last longer.

"JasonW" wrote in message . net...
I'm considering purchasing a leaf vac/blower to shred up the maple leaves
that are beginning to fall around my house. I'd like to get some feedback
from anyone who uses one regarding which brands, models, features are
desirable. I have looked at what Home Depot has to offer and the two main
contenders are the Echo Shred-n-Vac or the Homelite "Vac Attack". I read
some online reviews and the Echo got better marks.

-JasonW